What I AM doing: watching Lost Girl on Netflix.
Two finals down, 1 to go. Now if only I weren’t so tired….
I still have to do the final edit and formatting, but my Archiving paper is officially 85-90% DONE.
Now onto unlocking achievement: shower.
On her blog, she offered this advice for aspiring writers: “First — keep reading. Writers are readers. Writers are also people who can’t not write. Second, follow Heinlein’s rules for getting published: 1. Write it. 2. Finish it. 3. Send it out. 4. Keep sending it out until someone sends you a check. There are variations on that, but that’s basically what works.”
Awwww, I has a sad now. :( RIP Lady Dragonrider
30 Poems in 30 Days! Really cool idea, really cool project.
But then there’s these 5 rules:
1. Use a color as your title.
2. Write against what people associate with that color. If your color is yellow, write a sad poem. If your color is blue, write a cheery poem.
3. Invoke the name of a poet they way you’d invoke your own name in a ghazal.
4. Take a look at the Wikipedia page on poetic forms and choose a form. Write the poem in that form.
5. Use a form of water in your poem– ice, drop, drip, drizzle, mist, etc.
—That is some really empty-headed shit right there.
In the interest of getting myself to write more, I think I’m going to do this, but without the stupid rules. If I manage anything worth sharing, I’ll post it.